Here is a nice poster that was send to us recently, thanks Bradley ! It outlines 10 important rules for taking care of your dog throughout his life. These will help you be a better pet owner.
For Pet Owners
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me. Do not break my spirit with yourÂ temper, though I will always forgive you. Your patience will teach me more effectively.
- Please have me spayed or neutered.
- Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for yourÂ kindness than mine. Donâ€™t be angry with me for long, and donâ€™t lock me up asÂ punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends, your entertainment. I have onlyÂ you.
- Speak to me often. Even if I donâ€™t understand your words, I understand your voiceÂ when itâ€™s speaking to me. Your voice is the sweetest sound I ever hear, as you mustÂ know by my enthusiasm whenever I hear your footsteps.
- Take me in when itâ€™s cold and wet. Iâ€™m a domestic animal and am no longerÂ accustomed to the bitter elements. I ask for little more than your gentle hands pettingÂ me. Keep my bowl filled with water. Feed me good food so that I may stay well, toÂ romp and play and do your bidding. By your side, I stand ready, willing and able toÂ share my life with you, for that is what I live for. Iâ€™ll never forget how well youâ€™ve treatedÂ me.
- Donâ€™t hit me. Remember, I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand,Â but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might beÂ bothering me. Perhaps Iâ€™m not getting the right food, Iâ€™ve been out in the sun too long,Â or my heart may be getting weak.
- Take care of me when I get old. For you will grow old, too.
- When I am old, or when I no longer enjoy good health, please do not make heroicÂ efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Just see to it that my trusting life is takenÂ gently. And be with me on that difficult journey when itâ€™s time to say goodbye. NeverÂ say, â€œI just canâ€™t bear to watch.â€ Everything is easier for me when you are there. I willÂ leave this earth knowing with my last breath that my fate was always safest in yourÂ hands. I love you.
If you have a picture to submit to us, drop us a note and attach it to the email address